Saturday, February 21, 2009

GREEN GIANT NIBLETS CORN IN BUTTER SAUCE

The economy is going to "heck" in a handbasket and I don't claim to be able to change that through this blog, but I hope to share ideas that will help others save a little money and make things a little bit better until we our back on the road to economic recovery.

There is always that little something that is a mini luxury to someone. That idea may seem silly or strange to others, but not for the person who finds it their indulgence. For me it was
Green Giant Niblets Corn in Butter Sauce. Most trips to the grocery store found me picking up the plain old bag of frozen corn, but when I needed an easy pick-me up I would grab a package of the frozen corn in butter sauce. Now I wonder what was so fasinating about this frozen corn.
Here is the recipe to make your own Corn in Butter Sauce.

Green Giant Niblets Corn in Butter Sauce
.
1 bag frozen corn (yellow or shoepeg white - (16 ounces) any brand)
1 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup butter - cut up
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
1/2 Cup water
3/4 Teaspoon cornstarch
.
Add corn to large sauce pan along with all ingredients except water and cornstarch. Stir corn mixture over medium heat until butter is melted.
Combine water and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is disolved. Slowly add water to corn in sauce pan, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to simmer and stir until sauce thickens. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, about 10 minutes.
.
Servings: 4

1 comment: